Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another Great Grandchild on the way...2S4Y

Hi there, turns out we have another great grandchild on the way. My brother and his lovely wife are expecting in February and now our cousin Rachel and her husband are expecting in March! So here is the card that I made her using Laura's sketch from this weeks sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You.

Here's is Laura's sketch:


And here is my take:


Trying to add some more visual effects around my work...


Just loving the Dew Drops!


So I've been playing with my camera trying to figure out what is the best time and light to get pictures of true colors of my work and these pictures show really what the colors are like:







Baby formula for this creation:
-CS: Bazzill Basics "Safari
-DPs: Anna Griffins collections
-Flowers: Gartner Table Confetti Embossed Ivory Shimmer
-Fluid Chalk Inks: Colorbox Dark Moss
-Computer fonts: DB Boho Frames 1 using the "L" character at 400 pts and "F" at 600 pts, Ck Bella for both quotes at 38 pts and 35 pts
-Robin's Nest Dew Drops "Fresh Mowed Grass"
-Cricut Cart: New arrival for the baby girl and boy onsies
-Misc: Chipboard, Adhesive, Mini Pop dots, Prismacolor pencils and gamsol

TFL!

12 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Awwwww, this is darling Nikki!
Laura

Scossie Jane said...

Beautiful project Nikki, love all the detail, a treasure indeed xx

Tracy said...

OMG Nikki, this card is amazing, your work never fails to WOW me!!!!!.
I love those flowers you've been using on your creations recently, i wish i get hold of some in the UK, do you know anywhere i can get them online? they are so lush. Take care, T xx

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is so precious! WOW!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Hi Nikki -- I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your comments and visits to my blog. On two comments, you called me Sharon! I'm Carol! No big deal, I just wanted to let you know!! Thanks!!

StaceyG38 said...

Hi Nikki! I found your blog thru BBTB, I've loved so many of your cards I wanted to visit your blog too! Guess what, I just live over in Tewksbury, MA! I think the internet is great....I would have never met you and we live just a couple of towns over from each other! Thank you for sharing such great designs with everyone. I hope someday my cards and layouts can be an inspiration to you too!
Stacey G. http://craftyladybugzz.blogspot.com/

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Nic,
My sister's name is Nikki and I alway call her Nic..Hope that is alright...LOL...This card is darling..Congrats on your new little family members....Krista

Becky G said...

Oh my goodness, Nikki! This is beautiful! I love the vintage feel to it! Congrats on your new additions!

Enfys said...

Adorable Nikki, that saying is wonerful and I love the vintage look of the card.

Kathy said...

wow I love this!

Ivy said...

Amazing project...congratulations on your new additions to the family!

Shirley said...

What a totally creative and wonderful card. A real keeper. I am loving your blog.

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.