Monday, August 18, 2008

Strawberries only please...

Here's a little card I did for this past week's Bitten by the Bug challenge (please go check out the other awesome creations by the other design team members.

The challenge was to use the strawberry from the Indie Art Solutions Cricut cartridge and the 1st thing I thought of was the very yummy ice cream sundae from the doodlebat font DB Ice Cream available at scrapNfonts.

Being on this design team is amazing! The members are the nicest people, for example, if you don't have the cart for that week's challenge you can ask the others that may have it and if they can make the cut for you. I don't have the Indie Art Solutions cart so I asked Sharon Caudle if she had it and could make a couple cuts for me. I asked her if she could cut me five 1" strawberries on plain white cardstock (I didn't want her to have to use her color cs for me, I figured I would either use my Fluid Chalk Inks, Marvy Markers or Primacolor pencils to color them in), well not only did she cut me five 1" strawberries on plain white card stock, she cut a bunch on red and green cs with black shadows as well as 2" ones! She's soooo sweet! AND! Not only did she do all these for me she sent them in the cutest card to me:

It's this the cutest card?!?!? Sharon is an extremely talented lady, you must go over to her blog and check out her other stuff, including this weeks challenge, you're going to love it!

So here's my take on the challenge:














Churning recipe:
-CS: TPC "Plum Tree", "Smooth Plum", "Sable", "Metallic Rosebud", "Weave Ivory" and "Smooth Cranberry". DCWV "Yellow #3 Texture", The Fall Glitter Matstack
-DPs: DCWV Pocket Full of Posies
-Computer fonts: scrapNfonts DB Ice Cream
-Rub-ons: American Crafts MiniMarks "Kate"
-Stickles: Cinnamon, Yellow & Diamond
-Fluid Chalk Inks: Colorbox Merlot, Rose Coral, Dark Brown, Wisteria, Amber Clay, Olive & Dark Moss
-Cricut Cart: Indie Art Solutions for Strawberries cut at 1" & 2" with the shadow feature

TFL!

8 comments:

Regina Easter said...

okay this is too yummy.......you are good girl....hugs...

DeeDee said...

WOW, I love your take on the challenge....this is so danged CUTE!!! Inside and out your card is AWESOME girlie!!! Yes, isn't that Sherri a sweetheart!!! HUGS!!!

tiggertastic said...

These are just fantastic, i love your work and always enjoy viewing your blog

sarah x

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh how I utterly and completely love this card!!!!! That is the yummiest banana split I've ever seen! :) GREAT card for the challenge Nikki! What can I say? I'm a huge fan! :)

~JulieH~ said...

this is just too yummy Nikki they are so lucky to have you on the BBTB design team!

Juliexx

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Nikki,
Sooo darling...It looks yummy to look at and of course eat...LOL...Krista

Carole Beath said...

You are so right, that Sharon is one of the neatest gals everrrr. And your card from her is truly a Sharon Creation, one to treasure. And YOUR Strawberry card is ...mmmmmmm.yummy looking.

Shirley said...

Her card is cute and yours is delicious!

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.