Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Baby Will Be Strolling In... and for 2S4Y

I think it's been at least 2 weeks since I've been able to do a card using one of the awesome sketches over at 2 Sketches 4 You, this week is Kazan's sketch:



My brother and his lovely wife are having a baby!! Due in February...they told us a couple weeks ago so I'm a little late on getting my congratulations card to them. So here it is using Kazan's awesome sketch:










For the center of the flowers I used Black Diamond Stickles and then Glossy Accents over the stickles, not quite sure I liked how it came out:






And here's the front of the envie:



And the back of the envie:






Baby Formula for this creation:
-CS: Bazzill Black, The Paper Company "Metallic Cold Steel" and "Solar White"
-DPs: DCWV The Christmas Glitter Matstack, The Luxury Stack & Specialty Matstacks Mulburry
-Photo corners by Martha Stewart
-Fluid Chalk Ink: Colorbox Moss Green
-Flowers: Gartner Table Confetti Embossed White Shimmer
-Computer Fonts: scrapNfonts "CK Elegant
-Stickles: Black Diamond
-Cricut: New Arrival for the stroller cut @ 3 1/2" and the safety pins also cut at 3 1/2"
-Misc: Rhinestones, Gelly Roll pens, Glossy Accents, Mini Pop Dots, adhesive & glue

TFL!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Nikki, this card is AMAZING girl!!! A true piece of art.

Unknown said...

wow Nikki this is fabulous - I would have loved to have received this when I had either one of my girls. Great job on the Sketch :)

Kathryn said...

Both cards are FABULOUS!
WOW -- I love the black and white -- so very stunning -- the baby carriage is adorable!

Ivy said...

OMGosh Nikki...you are one talented girl! YOur card has come out fabulous! I absolutely LOVE how you put all those safety pins on the flap of the envelope...what a great idea! And the carriage came out really nice as well.

tiggertastic said...

fantastic work, the black and white really work as well for a baby card, never seen that before

Sarahx

Hanneke van der Linde said...

This is really great! These safety are so cool!

Joke said...

What a lovely cards, great baby carriage. Love your work.

Joke

Krista B. said...

I love your card - love the black & white combo :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Stunning cards! You don't often see B&W baby cards.. but these ones are gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with 2S4Y! :)

danni reid. said...

absolutely beautiful, they are sure to treasure this! thanks for your sweet note and visiting my blog, your blog is a beautiful inspiration! congrats on DT @ bbtb too!

hugs!
danni

Scossie Jane said...

Nikki the card and envelope are awesome. You continually come up with beautiful creations.

I have just drawn my candy over at Scossie Jane's, sorry you didn't win, but if you e-mail me your snail mail address, I'll RAK some of those Heidi Swapp, glitter flowers into the post. We sell them at the shop I work in here in Perth, WA. So, I wouldn't know where to source them in your part of the world.

jandy12@aapt.net.au

Thanks for taking part in my blog candy and I do love to read your comments, they keep my mojo going. LOL!!!

And your site is just so full of inspiration, love it.

Love Jane xx

Tracy said...

OMG Nikki, this is the most gorgeous baby card i have ever seen, it is just stunning!!!!
I love your work. T xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Nikki, this is sooooo beautiful! I just used that carriage today on a card, and I'm afraid you put me to shame! THis is awesome! They are going to adore it. Anyone would! Love it!!

Shirley said...

You know, you and I have something in common. You want to give something the person just can't resist keeping. This is just spectacular. Every thing you did is so creative and perfect. What a cute cute keepsake. The grown baby will look back and know how excited the Aunt was about the coming birth.

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.