Monday, August 25, 2008

Yummy Cake Boxes...latest BBTB Challenge

Yum Yum Yum! This past week's challenge over at the Bitten By the Bug was a very yummy challenge...Regina knows how to pick them!! It was to use the Cake Box from Tags, Bags, Boxes & More ( for any kind of project). Go check out the everyone's take on the challenge you'll be drooling to eat each one! :)

One of my favorite cakes (and I say ONE as I love almost all cakes) is the Black Forest Cake so here's my slice:

Also, I've been playing around with my camera trying to figure out what works best on getting clear and true to color pics of my projects, the 1st couple pics were taken inside and the rest were taken outside, maybe you can tell me which ones you like better...also any advice is extremely welcome!











Black Forest Cake ingredients:
-CS: TPC Sable, DCWV The Glitter Cardstock Stack, DCWV The Christmas Stack
-Stamp: Hero Arts Clear Designs Cupcakes (for the cherries)
-Flowers: Gartner Embossed White Shimmer Table Confetti (found in Michaels' bridal section)
-Ribbon: Wright Creative Fabrics "Faux Pearls on Beading"
-Stickles!: Burgundy
-Cricut: TBBM for the Cake Box stretched in CDS to the largest size to fit on the 12x12 mat and AE for the Scallop Border also used in CDS to size to fit each side (as they are different lengths) and then doubled and welded.

TFL!!

6 comments:

Scossie Jane said...

Absolutely yummy Nikki, looks good enough to eat.

Outside photo's certainly reduce the shadows and do seem to make the colours more luscious - but what do you do if it's raining? LOL
A wee umbrella maybe.

I'm splitting my sides here trying to visualise that one.....LOL xx

Krista B. said...

Nikki - YUM - how beautiful it looks good enough to eat! Low Calorie and fat free : ) Gorgeous job!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

HELLO!!!
I must have missed this one..MY goodness you rock..so cute...Krista

Becky G said...

This is beautiful!!!! It looks yummy enough to eat!

Enfys said...

Truly scrumptious x

Shirley said...

How adorable and so special with all of the added detail

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.