Wednesday, December 31, 2008

AMEX Gift Card Holders

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Today we are having a pretty big snow storm...perfect day for crafting...the forecast was 3-6 inches but it's now noon and we've already gotten at least 5 inches and the snowflakes are getting bigger!

So anyway, I got this idea from a very good friend of mine, DeeDee...she made this great money or check holder with a 6 1/2" sq envelop. I didn't have any of those so I had to make mine from scratch, plus I needed to alter the size for the packaging of an AMEX Gift Card. She has a great tutorial over on her site here.

I also used some great New Years printable stamps from Regina's New Years Printable Stamps Sets 1 and 2 from her store The Cutting Café. You should go over to the designer team site to see all the amazing things you can do with these really cool printable stamps...check them out here.

Here's the 1st one which I made using the circle stamp from Set 1 and the balloons from Set 2:




I LOVE these balloons! And the stars and swirly things around them...


Confetti mix:
-CS: DCWV Glitter Stack "Black" and "Dk Red"
-PP: Black Market Paper Society "Ebony Ealabater Singing in the Rain"
-Prismacolor pencils: PC925 Crimson Lake and PC949 Metallic Silver
-Stickles: "Yellow" and "Star Dust"


And the 2nd one I did, I used 3 of Regina's New Years printable stamps from both sets...the Happy New Years frame, the Celebrate Hat and the Framed Sentiment:





I love this Happy New Year frame...it's also perfect to use to surround the edges of a quarter fold size card:


Confetti Mix:
-CS: TPC "Gold"
-PP: ProvoCraft "Juniper Checks on Fossil"
-Gems: Self-Adhesive from Michaels
-Fluid Chalk Ink: Colorbox "Creamy Brown"

TFL!! And be safe if you are going out for the New Year's Eve parties! :)

14 comments:

DeeDee said...

WOW!! These are so COOL Nikki!! I love all the bling on both holders....but oh the party hat!! Thanks for the shout out too...you are a doll!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!HUGS!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love these Nikki, so cool. Happy New Year to you, Hugs Cindy

Regina Easter said...

these came out perfect...love them

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Nikki,
Happy New Year..Adorable stuff...Krista

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Awesome gift card holders! GREAT job! Happy New Year!

tiggertastic said...

love your new makes, they are fantastic.

Best wishes for 2009

Sarah x

Scossie Jane said...

Just dropping by Nikki to wish you and yours a Happy New Year - here's to a great 2009 xx

Love the project too xx

Unknown said...

very cute! I love how different they all are and glittery :)
Happy New Year Nikki
Hugs
K

Kim said...

These are beautiful!!!! I am going to have to try this out!

Enfys said...

These are gorgeous Nikki, love the way they turned out. Happy new year
hugs
Enfys xx

Lulu's Scraps said...

WOWZERS!!!

Tracy said...

Wow, these are fab!
Happy New Year, and i have a little something for you on my blog. T x

Becky G said...

Nikki, these are terrific!

Michele Kovack said...

Love these!!! Great idea!

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.