Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas at home 2008

Hi, I thought I would share a few pictures with you of my holiday decorating and some pictures of the kids opening their gifts. It was a full house at my house, but it was great...it was with my amazing parents, my brother and lovely SIL (with a bun in the oven), my fiancé’s two children and my fiancé’s wonderful mother and stepdad.

First we had the kids, just the four of us and then everyone else showed up between noon and 1:00.

I'm so bummed out though, I can't believe this but I completely forgot to pull out the camera after everyone showed up!! So I have NO pictures of them this year AND I was going to have my dad take a picture of the four of us in front of the tree. Well the good thing is, I have a tripod and we have the kids again this weekend so I'll still be able to get that shot.

So anyway, here's some pictures that I hope you enjoy...

My fiancé’s mom and step dad own a cut your own Christmas tree farm. It’s a lot of fun to go up and help out. My soon-to-be mother-in-law makes the most beautiful Christmas wreaths, swags, mailbox cozies and kissing balls. Here's a tree from their farm with my large house village:


And she lets me make a wreath for my parents and one for myself and here’s the one I made for myself. It’s a 36” wreath and it takes an entire tree to make it!


And here’s the mailbox cozy:


Here's my little house village, which is located in my bedroom...that little door leads to the attic, kind of cute huh? We have it set up on a time for the lights to go on late afternoon to midnight.


Last year we put the artificial tree out on the deck of my bedroom, this year we didn’t get around to it but I thought I’d share this one as well.


Presents!




My fiancé and his son AJ:


And here’s one with Alyssa.


I'm a bit of a Disney nut, this is only a fraction of the Mickey Mouse Christmas decorations I have...




And the stocking were hung:


:)

5 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

Awesome pics Nikki!!! It's clear you all had a fantastic holiday!Sorry you didn't get pics of everyone else being there. That's exactly the kind of thing that I would do! LOL! Thanks for sharing your holiday!!! HUGS!!

Kim said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Your decorations are beautiful!!!!!

Regina Easter said...

wow looks like you had a wonderful christmas...everything looks awesome

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas!! Great photos!

Can you tell me . . . where do you get those dated ornaments? I desperately want a 2008 ornament, because we went to Disney World this year. They had a Christmas store in Downtown Disney, but I didn't see ornaments as pretty as the ones you have! Please let me know! You can email me from my profile page!!

Happy New Year!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Nikki,
Everything looks beautiful...Your family looks very happy...Glad you had an awesome Christmas...Krista

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.