Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hot Chocolate Tree Box...BBTB Challenge

This past weeks challenge over at the Bitten By The Bug was to use the Tree Box from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More...I decided to make a Hot Chocolate Tree Box filled with homemade Hot Chocolate mix and mini marshmallows...mmmmm...

I used CDS and stretched out the tree box as large as I could on a 12x12 mat using the Tag Window feature. But I have to tell you, these shaped boxes on TBBM can be a little difficult to get lined up correctly and I'm not sure if it's because I'm stretching it out (even though it gets stretch out evenly). Does anyone have this issue?

And I finally got to use this really cool CTMH Coffee Shop stamp set that I got a while ago that I've been dying to use! Which I'll definitely being using for some more Holiday projects and cards...

This is available on my Etsy store here.

And go over the Bitten By The Bug site to see all the amazing things the out DTs did with this challenge!







Hot Chocolate Mix:
-PP: DCWV Christmas Glitter Stack 2007
-Stamps: CTMH Coffee Shop
-Fluid Chalk Inks: Colorbox Merlot
-Pigment Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
-Punch: Martha Stewart's Snowflake punch
-Primsmacolor Pencils: PC946 Dark Brown and PC925 Crimson Lake
-Cricut Cart: Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cut using the CDS stretch out to approx 7 3/4" and using the Tag Window feature
-Misc: Adhesive, Mini Pot Dots, Ribbon (unknown from stash), Gems, MM 1/8" Eyelet (Berry)

TFL!! And Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

Nikki, I REALLY LOVE this hot chocolate box. You did fabulous work on this!!!!!!
Jen

No wait, I mean Susan!!! :-)

DeeDee said...

Nikki, this is a great idea and those stamps are so CUTE!! HUGS!

Sharon Caudle said...

Nikki, I am REALLY loving the hot cocoa gift boxes you're doing! They all look so amazing, and this one is no different! I love that stamp set! It was PERFECT for this project! You are so danged talented!! hugs!!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Hey Nikki!!! I love all these hot cocoa goodies you are making - they look sooooo yummy!!!!

Thanks for all the sweet comments always.

In response to your question.....YES - the Easter card is from WILD CARD and each card comes with it's matching envelope - it's an AWESOME cart - you NEED this one LOL If you go the the Cricut website on the INFORMATION screen you can see the book.

If you need anything let me know

Hugs, T

Carole Beath said...

Awesome.... I admire everyone who did this challenge. I failed at it.

tiggertastic said...

yummy, what a fab gift, i love your ideas and the way you always come up with something very different

Sarah x

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.