Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sweet Baby of Mine

It's another week over at 2 Sketches 4 You and this week it's Kazan's sketch, which is her 3rd sketch (and what a sketch it is!).

And there is also a new contest over at Bitten By The Bug that gave me the opportunity to combine two challenges into one. The contest over at BBTB is something for a baby using brown as the primary color, have a heart somewhere on the project and use any cut from any of the Cricut cartridges!

A colleague of mine is having a baby in August and there is going to be a baby shower for her soon and due to a very busy schedule I had to combine both challenges into one.

Here is Kazan's sketch:



And here is my take:















Baby Formula for this creation:
-CS: The Paper Company - Sable, Neutral Tan, Neutral Tan Texture, Parchment Ivory, Cool Metallic Cover Amber, Cool Metallic Cover Lime, Blonde Columns and Burgundy Corduroy
-DPs: Paper Pizzazz "Brown Diamonds" and "Tan Scrollwork Stripes"
-Ribbon: Offray Lime Juice White Dots
-Stickles: LIme Green and Copper
-Fluid Chalk Inks: Colorbox Creamy Brown
-Diecuts: K&Company Smitten Hearts
-Cricut Carts: Doodlecharms for the bottles cut at 2"
Opposites Attracts for words "Joy" (using the base feature cut at 1 3/8"), "to" (welded using the upright feature cut at 2 1/2"), "your" (welded using the Opposite feature cut at 1 1/2"), "trish" (welded using the upright feature) and "baby" (welded using the base feature)
George for the ampersand
Cuttin Up for the word baby cut at 2 1/2"
-Computer fonts: scrapNfonts - Sweet using LD Punch Out, Baby using LD Remington Portable, Of using CK Bella, Mine using LD Warm Heart and Frame using DB Frilly Frames (r character)
-Misc items: Chipboard, Sewing machine, lime thread

TFL!!!

11 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is amazing......i love it....

Unknown said...

Wow Nikki you are on a roll making the most beautiful cards. This one is so pretty and unique - I really love it :)

Lea L. said...

Wow! Your card is so pretty and full of detail!! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Carole Beath said...

Awesome card. I love it...and so full of detail. I love the colors you selected...and those baby bottles are precious.

Anonymous said...

Your card is great!! I completely understand your love for your Cricut.For my Mother's Day gift this year I got the Cricut Expressions and I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeos card Nikki, I love it all the way!

Scossie Jane said...

Love it Nikki, and the colours are so original xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Nikki, you are amazing! I LOVE visiting your blog and looking at all your fabulous work!

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This card is gorgeous! So many great details and that stitching is perfect...I thought for sure it must be rub-ons! lol! Great job!

Chris said...

Totally gorgeous card!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

This is amazing!!!

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.