Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Daddy's Day and a Sketch 4 You!

Hey, my 1st real entry for 2 Sketches 4 You...last week I was a day late in getting my project done and submitted :(
I thought their sketches last week were amazing but somehow they were able to pull out another amazing sketch to work with this week. This week it's Kazan's turn to present the sketch and it is also the 1st week they are having a prize! Not only a great prize but a prize I could REALLY use... a set of Sakura Glaze 3-D Ink Pens with very yummy colors!

Here's Kazan's sketch:



And here is my take on it in which I used to make my dad's day card, you know because he's a great dad! The pictures were taken in one of those photo booths and are circa 1975...I have to find out from him later...





LOVE LOVE this new stamp I just got! From Stampers Anonymous "Memories" Frame. Don't you just love the swirls!! I do!













Recipe for this special creation:
-CPs: The Paper Company Sable, Parchment Ivory, Metallic Steel Blue and Bazzill Neutral Tan (I think that's the color?)
-Ribbon: Offray Mudpie
-Stickers: Sticko Phrase Cafe "My Dad"
-Fonts: scrapNfonts CK Frankfurt
-Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Memories" Frame and Inkadinkado "Handmade with Love"
-Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inks: Dune, Creamy Brown and Blue Iris
-Colorbox Pigment Ink: Black
-StazOn Ink: Jet Black
-Stickles: Waterfall
-Cricut Carts: AE for the Scallop Frame, Beyond Birthdays for Hugs to You using the shadow feature and Opposites Attract for "to a great dad" using the upright and base features.
-Misc items: Provo Craft Deckle Scissors, embossing powder, heat gun, marker with a watercolor brush, variaous sizes and colored rhinestones, various blossoms, Vellum, Mini Pop Dots, MM Sticky Squares

TFL and have very Happy Daddy's Day weekend!

--

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok if this does not make him choke up then I don't know what will - it is so divine and gorgeous - the colors, the pictures, the ribbon - everything! Great job Nikki :)
Kazan

Laura Davis said...

Oh Nikki this is soooo cute! I love the pics:) Your dad will love it!
Laura

Lisa said...

Wow, that is fantastic, I love how you used the photobooth photos, that is a perfect Father's Day card and one that will be treasured forever!!

Em said...

This is just blinking fab!!

I love the way you always decorate the inside of your cards too!

Anonymous said...

WOW Nikki, this is a beautiful card. Great job on the sketch.

Lea L. said...

Wow! What an amazing project...he will love it! Great job with the sketch!

~lea

Svelte Sparkles said...

im in love with ur style of cad-making!! absolutely beautiful!!

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Nikki This is fabulous and soo personal for you and your dad! I agree he will be choked up when he sees this. Father and daughter such a special bond! I can't rave enough about your cards they're always so wonderful and this is no exception!!!

Hugs

Julie x

Daniela Dobson said...

This is awesome, the photos are a perfect touch! Congrats on the Fab5!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card!! You can tell that so much hard work went into it!! I love it!!! The pics are the best! lol!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Nikki this is FABULOUS! But then again, ALL your work is fabulous! :)

Scossie Jane said...

This is a beautiful and very personal card, one to be treasured, how clever, I love it. Glad I've found your blog, I will visit again, soon

chloe said...

CONGRATS ON FAB 5! THERE IS SO MUCH YUMMY DETAIL IN THIS CARD: WELL DONE!

Peet said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful, Nikki!!!

Enfys said...

This is so gorgeous - one to cherish for sure x

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.