Saturday, July 19, 2008

Birthday Cake Card for my lovely SIL

This card was originally made for my brother as his favorite color is orange but when I started the inside I thought is was too plain and started adding Prima flowers and gems and realized this was supposed to be a guys card, so I ended up making him a new one. At the time this design was based off of one of Taylor's cupcake challenge (#15) sketches.

So here I had a card that I couldn't use for him and then thought hey this would be a really great card for his wife, Stacey. So two months later I got to give it to her for her b-day that was 2 days ago.

Here is Taylor's sketch:



Here's was my take on it:












Recipe:
CPs: TPC Smooth Plum
DPs: Paper Pizzazz "Red/Pink/Gold Stripes", "Red Sponged with Argyle Border", Star & Fish "Swirls". DCWV "Pocket Full of Posies" Pack
Stamp: Inkadinkado Happy Birthday with Cake
Stickles: Burgundy, Xmas Red, Crystal, Cinnamon, Diamond & Copper
Rhinestones" 7 mm Orange & Purple
Blossoms: Prima's Got Flower? Orange & Purple
Buttons: Bag-O-Buttons Foof A La "Going Places Collections"
Ribbon: Brushed Copper Sheer & Burgundy Grosgrain
Rub-ons: Kelly Panacci "Special Delivery"
Chipboard Letters: K&Company Purple Alphabet
Cricut Cart: Doodletype for Happy Birthday cut at 4" along with the shadow feature
Cuttlebug: Cupcake Stamp from their Exclusive Die set

TFL!

No comments:

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.