Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baby Announcements!

Hi there! This past week's challenge over at Bitten By the Bug was the flower frame from the Pooh & Friends cartridge. Unfortunately I do not have this one, which I should be sooo ashamed since I'm a huge Disney fan! I do have Pooh Fonts & Mickey Fonts but none of the other Disney carts, can't believe that! Anyway, so I asked my wonderful sweet friend (and fellow BBTB designer), Sharon to cut me one pink and one blue at 4" and she sent me all these wonderful options...shadow, white, etc. I was originally going to use self-adhesive pearls for the center of the flowers, but because Sharon being the sweetheart she is, the white flower frame went so beautifully over the blue one and then the shadow, so I left as is! So here's my take on the challenge this week. I'm going to show my SIL and see if she wants me to make her a bunch when she has my nephew (yes it's a boy!...we didn't know until Thurs, that is why I asked Sharon for one in pink and one in blue, didn't know what color theme I was going to go with). She's due in early February and we'll have fun going paper shopping as I would like her to pick them. :)

Also, please go over to the Bitten By the Bug site and see all the beautiful creations the rest of the designers did. Not to single anyone out but Sharon's is a beauty!

The baby bottle is from Doodlecharms which I cut at 8 1/8".







Baby Formula:
-DPS: Kaiser Scrapbook Cocco Series "Mocha" (both the striped side and the brown side) and Anna Griffin (don't know the name of the pattern)
-Fluid Chalk Inks: Colorbox "Cocoa" and "Dune"
-Computer fonts: scrapNfonts CK Bella (22 & 40 pts)
-Stickers: Deja Views Wonderful Words "Phrases*Expressions"
-Cricut Carts: Pooh & Friends "flower frame" cut at 4" by the lovely Sharon (also using the shadow and blackout features)
Doodlecharms for the baby bottle cut at 8 1/8" (don't ask me why I did that extra 1/8")

TFL!!

4 comments:

tiggertastic said...

This is such a fantastic idea, love the use of the browns as well.

Sarah x

DeeDee said...

I love it...it's very original and I think it makes a wonderful annoncement...that is a gorgeous font as well. That Sharon is a total sweetie isn't she? HUGS!!!

Ivy said...

What a cute and original idea to make a baby bottle for a birth announecement!

Shirley said...

How sweet and cute together!

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.