Saturday, January 10, 2009

Next Holiday...Valentine's Day...& 2S4U

It's been a long time since I've participated in a 2 Sketches 4 You challenge...something I can't believe I don't do every week with their really great and fun sketches to work with!

Since I'm always doing things at the last minute I decided to jump over all my to do projects and go right into Valentine's Day. Especially since Regina over at her store The Cutting Café came out with a really great Heart Bag.

So I got to it and made one to give a little gift to my DF and a matching card to go with it.

So I'll start with this really cut bag. I took a really pretty pink patterned paper by Anna Griffin and I printed Regina's Valentine Big Holiday Words printable stamps on it:


I also used one of Regina's Circle Word printable stamp:


I love Regina's bags and boxes that have windows!




And here's the matching card that I made using Kazan's sketch for this week's challenge. Here's Kazan's sketch:



On this I got to use this beautiful printable stamp frame designed by Regina, it comes from another great set of hers called Valentine Borders which are the perfect size if you want to make a quarter fold size card:


I pulled the Valentine word from the Big Holiday printable stamp set:


I'm really please how this set came out!


Matching envie:




A borrowed quote from Sophocles for the inside of the card:


Candy:
-CS: DCWV's The Fall Glitter Stack, Bazzill Basics "Tutu Pink"
-PPs: Anna Griffin from her pink collection and ivory collection and DCWV's The Christmas Glitter Stack
-Fluid Chalk Inks: Colorbox "Chestnut Roan, Rose Coral and Warm Red
-Flowers: Prima Got Flowers? and Gartner Brides Table Confetti Embossed Ivory Shimmer
-Rhinestones: Michaels and MM Rhinestone brads
-Punch: Fiskars Heart Border Punch
-Ribbon: Light Pink Ric Rac
-Template: Regina's The Cutting Café "Heart Bag"
-Printable Stamps: Regina's The Cutting Café "Big Holiday Words", "Circle Words" and "Valentine Border"
-Misc: Pink Rhinestones, adhesive

TFL!!

17 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! Nikki! Amazing bag and card! I love them both!! Such pretty paper!

Thanks so much for letting me know about that site. I did NOT know anything about it. Actually thrilling!! Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Oh my, I'm loving your card and bag set, very cute!!
-Cher

http://stampingwithcher.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Fabulous set ~ love your take on Kazan's sketch too!

Regina Easter said...

OH MY, you have been busy busy girl. creating some true works of wonderfulness...hugs

Krista B. said...

Hi Nikki, I love your bag and the card both are Gorgeous! Lovely work : )

Unknown said...

so cute Nikki - love the matching bag and card. Thanks for FINALLY joining us again *wink*...nice to have you back.
Hugs to you and Ms. Regina
K

tiggertastic said...

wow both are stunning, what lovely makes, the bag is excellent with the date bit on the bottom right.

Sarah x

Martha said...

This is really great. Love the bag and the card is beautiful also.
Martha

CraftyC said...

Just love the bag and a matching card, great idea!
Clairex

Anabelle O'Malley said...

What an adorable set!! Love all of the bling on the card. ;)

Enfys said...

What a fantastic set Nikki, Regina sure knows how to design, and you sure know how to showcase her work. Beautiful
Enfys xx

Becky G said...

Wow Nikki! I love this set! The papers are just yummy!

Sharon Caudle said...

What a beautiful set Nikki! I love how the pink and brown combo! They're both gorgeous! Awesome work as always! hugs!

DeeDee said...

GORGEOUS girlie!!! WOW, such a beautiful set!!! I love it!! HUGS!!

mickeydee said...

Beautiful set! Love the papers and the design! Love it!

Monique said...

It's beautifull Nikki.

Hugs Monique

Carole Beath said...

Fantastic Regina Design and fantastic Nikki work.

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.