Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wreath Thank You

Happy weekend everyone! I'm doing the usual trying to catch up on stuff. :)

Here's a thank you card for Scott's mom and step dad for their generous Christmas gifts plus my birthday present.

If you haven't read before on my blog on how they have a cut your own Christmas Tree farm. Carolyn, Scott's mom, makes many many wreaths, swags, mailbox cozies and kissing balls using prunings from all the different trees they have, scotch pine, concolor, scotch pine, fraser, balsum, korean fur, etc. And real berries and rose hips from her own bushes. And every year she lets me make a 24" wreath for my parents and a 36" for myself. Did you know that between all the different trees you use to make a 36" wreath is about an entire tree! And she also lets me bring home a bunch of prunings to fill my window boxes. This one is outside my dining room window:


Here's the wreath I made for myself, besides the ribbon everything on this wreath is real and those berries are actually rose hips. For those that do not know what those are, they are the bud that is left behind on a rose bush if you do not cut the blooms off:


And a mailbox cozy:


So onto the thank you card...I thought I would make it with a wreath from JOTS:


As always, I just love stickles!




These are some great computer fonts from scrapNfonts, CK Bella & LD Dirty Drusillus




Wreath prunings:
-CS: Bazzill Basics "Bouquet", "Snapdragon", "Palo Verde", "Safari", "Mocha Devine" and "ruby Slipper"
-PPs: Creative Imaginations Sonnets "Terra Cotta Paisley" and "French Poetry"
-Fluid Chalk Inks: "Dark Moss", "Olive" and "Yellow Ochre"
-Stickles: Burgundy
-Prismacolor Pencils: PC988 Marine Green
-Cricut carts: Winter Woodland for the fonts cut @ 1 3/8" with a shadow
JOTS for the Wreath with the base cut at 6 1/4" and the Holly (Base Shift) cut at 5 1/2"
Beyond Birthdays for thank you cut at 2" with a shadow
-Misc: Gamsol, Thread, Sewing Machine, EK Success Edger Punch "Snowflakes" for the flap on the envie (not pictured), Adhesive

TFL! And feel free to leave a comment as I love to get them...

2 comments:

Enfys said...

Just gorgeous Nikky, love the mailbox decoration. We are friends on facebook now (smile)
big hugs
En xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Nikki! Your card and envie are just GORGEOUS! So are all of your lovely greens. I so miss the real stuff! xxD

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.