Sunday, February 22, 2009

Birthday for an Aunt...and Taylor's Sketch Challenge #56

My aunt (who just celebrated her 25th anniversary with my uncle) is celebrating her birthday this week. She was born on Feb 29th, so does she get a birthday this year??

I did this based on Taylor's Expressions Cupcake Challenge #56. You don't have to use a cupcake (although I usually do when I participate in one of her challenges) just as long as you go along with the sketch, which this is #56:

You really should check out her challenges, they're a lot of fun!

So here's my take on the sketch:


First time I got to use the cool clear stamp set from Stampendous:


Just a little embellishment to the inside:


And of course a little more embellishment to the envie (on both sides):




Cake Mix:
-CS: The Paper Co "Antique Rose" and Bazzill Basics "Tutu Pink"
-PPs: Sandylion Kelly Panacci "Daisy Stripes" and "Floral Crochet-Cream"
-Stamps: Stampendous "Feminine Friends" perfectly clear stamp set
-Cricut carts: Storybook for A & M letters @ 1 1/2"
Opposites Attract for the rest of the letters welded and cut at 1 1/2"
-Misc: Adhesive, Colorbox Black Pigment Ink, Embossing Powder, Heat gun, mauve thread and sewing machine

TFL!!

5 comments:

Carole Beath said...

What a beautiful card for your aunt. She will cherish this. I love the envie too.

DeeDee said...

WOW! What a gorgeous set Nikki! Your Aunt will just flip when she sees it!!

Jenny said...

Absolutly GORGEOUS!!! I love the set! She will be thrilled!

Regina Easter said...

ooooooooo this is so darn cute...

Lana Clarke said...

Very beautiful Nikki, Your aunt will be so pleased to receive this set.
hugs
Lana x

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.