Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sending Positive Thoughts

There are two people that I know that are going through a very tough time right now with chemotherapy, radiation and/or surgery due to a very unfair cancer they have. Why does it have to be the good people? So here are a couple pocket and tag cards that I made that hopefully will give them a little smile.

This 1st one is for the mother of friend from the Bitten By the Bug design team...


I added a couple drops of Glossy Accents to give that fresh morning dew look:


Inside the attached tiny card:


It's a little hard to read but it says Laugh Often, it's a cut from the Beyond Birthday cartridge, I've used it twice now and have discovered that from now on I should stick to a solid cardstock to make it easier to read:


Does this help you see it?


I didn't have to but I embellished the back of the tag because I made a boo-boo when I cut the tag, for some reason I thought I needed two and I used this great double-sided paper so I figured I might as well us it!





This one is for a friend of mine at work who finally had to take a leave of absence due to the toll of the treatments has had on him. It's a good idea to do that so he can focus on getting healthy and spend time with his wife and children.





Now I tried to keep this as manly as I could but I used a double-sided patterned paper and loved the olive side but the other side has a pinkish color to it, so I added as much brown to the rest of it:


Inside the attached tiny card:


Brown buttons, brown ribbon think it helps to make it more manly??? I don't know...


I decided to make the same boo-boo I made with the other one and embellished the back of the tag on this one too ;p




Hopefully a recipe to help cure cancer:
-CS: DCWV "67# Burgundy" and "Brown 2"
-PP: K&Company Scrap Pad to go "K-Ology Peabody"
-Stickers: Déjà Views "Wonderful Words Alphabets"
-Stamp: Inkadinkado "Get Well"
-Primacolor Pencils: PC925 Crimson Lake and PC988 Marine Green
-Ribbon: Offray "Kendra Light Pink/Opal" and "Kendra Yellow/Opal"
-Circut Carts: TBBM - Pocket cut at 11 1/2" blackout feature and the Tag cut at 6 1/2" also using the blackout feature and the smaller tag at 5 5/8" just the base feature
Beyond Birthdays - Laugh Often cut at 1 1/4" with a shadow
-Misc: Adhesive, Pigment Ink, Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Glossy Accents, Stickles "Star Dust", Rhinestones, DMC Floss and Buttons

-CS: Bazzill Basics "Mudpie", TPC "Double-sided Mulberry Chocolate/Tan" and DCWV "Brown #2"
-PP: K&Company Scrap Pad to go "K-Ology Peabody"
-Stickers: Déjà Views "Wonderful Words Alphabets"
-Stamp: Inkadinkado "Frames & circle Icons"
-Ribbons: Offray "Ggnar Stripe Cream Brown", Sweet Petites "Grosgrain Brown" and Sheer Tan from stash
-Misc: Adhesive, Solvent Ink, DMC Floss and Buttons

TFL!!

5 comments:

Jaspere said...

Wow! These are amazing. So many little details that really make it special.

Jenny said...

Soooo beautiful!!!!

Carole Beath said...

Gorgeous, Nikki. Just love these...

Enfys said...

Two more fab projects Nikki, you put so much detail into your work, a joy to see
hugs
Enfys x

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

great tags...Krista

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.