Sunday, March 22, 2009

Martini Birthday!

Today we are celebrating my fiance's father's b-day who happens to love martinis so this is the perfect stamp for him! ;p

Now, you know how you always try to plan on getting your projects done on time but of course you either get interrupted with something else or it takes much longer to do...well I figured I would be able to finish his card this morning before we had to leave by noon by getting up around 8ish. Well I wake up at 5:00AM for some reason and can't get back to sleep as much as I tried. So I'm going through my to do list in my head and all of a sudden I realized that I'm using Glossy Accents to make the martini glass look real and how it takes a bit to dry, ah!!!

Now, I'm the kind of person that likes to sleep to 9ish on the weekends if I can, so getting up at 5:00 became pretty brutal after an hour or so as my eyes are burning because I'm also the kind of person that doesn't get to sleep until midnight or 1:00AM.

So I get up and get started right away and here it is.


Glossy accents for the glass:




Martini Mix:
-CS: Bazzill Basics "Capers" and "Palo Verde"
-PPs: K&Company Scrap Pad to Go "K-Ology Peabody" and Deja View Fresh Print Blue Raspberry Pad
-Stamps: Sparkles N Sprinkle "Max in a Martini Glass" and Stampendous "Birthday Topper" (on the inside of the card, so I couldn't get a good picture of it)
-Misc: Adhesive, Glossy Accents, Mini Pot Dots, Fluid Chalk Inks

TFL!!!

4 comments:

mickeydee said...

This is so cute, I bet he loved it. I'm with you............not a morning person!

A Little Time said...

What a fabulous card!

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable Nikki! I have this stamp too and have used it for my martini lovin' friends. Too cute! xxD

Enfys said...

Loving this Nikki, I love that stamp, must dig it out, haven't used him in a while.
hugs
Enfys xx
p.s. I am soooo with you on the morning thing, I could craft all night and sleep all day :)

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.