Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mom & Dad's 38th Anniversary...& Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #17 & Rima's Blog Candy

It's my parents 38th anniversary next week and Taylor is having another fun challenge (Cupcake Challenge #17), one of these days I'll actually use a cupcake for one of these challenges as I have so many fun cupcake stamps, plus the most fun I've had was making the cupcake b-day card for my dad using the cupcake from the Celebrations Cricut Cart (which to my honor was chosen to be on Inspirational).

Also, after I made this card I found out that Rima is have an amazing Blog Candy give away for being a Cricut member for a year and having a whole lot of hits to her site (congrats Rima!), go check out her site!

So anyway, my parents favorite color is blue so this is the color theme I went with:











Recipe for this creation:
-Cardstock: The Paper Company "Parchment Ivory"
-DPs: DCWV "Robin #2" and "Old World Stack"
-Cuttlebug Script Embossing Folder
-Stamps: Inkadinkado's "Hearts (from their clear set)", Inkadinkado's "LOVE" and Heidi Swapp "Cherish"
-Inks: French Blue (from Colorbox's Misty Meadow Cats Eyes set) & Dune (from Colorbox's Rich Rustics Cats Eyes set)
-Ampersand from George & Basic Shapes Cricut Cart
-Mom & Dad from Opposites Attract Cricut Cart
-Happy Anniversary from Beyond Birthdays Cricut Card (using the shadow feature)
-Love lettering from Joann Scrap Essentials "Antique Mold Alphapbet"
-Misc Items: Self Adhesive Gems, Pop Dots, Ribbon, Ranger Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

6 comments:

Taylor said...

Very nice! Your parents will love it! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Sharon Caudle said...

Another beautiful set! Your parents are going to love it!

Rima said...

wow Nikki its beautiful, your parents will love it & thanks for joining in on the fun with my blog candy challenge!!
x
Rima

MaryRose said...

WOW, Nikki! So beautiful! I can't believe how you come up with such a variety of original designs non-stop! Your parents will be so honored you created this for them. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!!

Maya said...

This card is so beautiful!
Love the colours,and all the details :)

Hugs from Maya

Svelte Sparkles said...

this card is just beautiful...i love the colors and the style!! :) iv just started card making...and im taking inspiration from all of u :)

My to do list...

*Become a Project Corner & Spotlight winner on the Cricut™ Chirp Newsletter (or at least a highlighted thread)
*Ongoing Memorial Journal for Morgan
*Scrapbook for my favorite moments at DisneyLand and DisneyWorld (my other obsession, big, big, big Mickey fan!)
*Scrapbook for my trip to Europe
*Scrapbook for the last two years of the kids for my DF's mom and one for his Dad.